Earlier this year, we released the Cloud Foundry Vagrant Installer, a tool that enables developers to run a self-contained partial Cloud Foundry v2 installation inside of a Vagrant virtual machine. Since then, we have been working on a number of updates.
One of the latest things I have added is support for custom buildpacks.
Who can benefit?
- Developers of custom buildpacks
- Developers of an application that requires a particular non-standard buildpack
- Anyone who wants to know if a Buildpack X would work onCloud Foundry
- Software vendors who want to get their products (in the form of buildpacks) to more users
What are the use cases?
- Developing and testing buildpacks and applications based on custom buildbacks
- Training: Getting anyone new to Cloud Foundry to try it out with any buildpack
- Marketing: Distribute your custom buildpacks (for example, IBM Liberty) as a one-click installer